These bickies are paleo/keto/LCHF and I’ve made them this morning with no sweetener at all. I’ve eaten 3 already, they are sooo good! I’ve added sweetener options for those that think they need it, but, seriously, they don’t need it at all!
- 2 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1 rounded teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 drops Twenty8 peppermint oil – or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Generous pinch of salt flakes – I use Murray River salt flakes
- Handful of Changing Habits Cacao Melts, chopped into chunks
- Optional: 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup, or pinch stevia – I don’t add any sweetener at all
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Mix all ingredients, except cacao melts, until they form a dough. Gently stir through cacao melts.
- Arrange small balls of dough on a lined oven tray, pressing down lightly with a fork. Sprinkle with some extra salt flakes.
- Cook for approx 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool and firm on the tray for 10 minutes
- Makes 30 small biscuits
Note: These biscuits are best eaten on the day they are made. Bickies made with almond meal tend to soften by the next day.